Leaders of the Canadian Auto Workers union and the Communications, Energy and Paperworkers Union of Canada will announce the results of a final vote on the creation of Canada’s largest private sector union at a news conference on Monday, October 15, 2012 at 1 p.m. or immediately following the vote.
- Dave Coles, National President, CEP
- Ken Lewenza, National President, CAW
- Gaétan Ménard, Secretary-Treasurer, CEP
- Peter Kennedy, Secretary-Treasurer, CAW
- Michel Ouimet, Executive Vice-President, Quebec, CEP
- Sylvain Martin, Quebec Director, CAW
The vote is taking place at the CEP national convention. It is the second of two votes and the last major step before the process of creating the new union can begin. Delegates to the CAW convention voted unanimously in favour of the new union at its convention in August.